Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WWDH - Pickled Carrot



It's Wednesday with Donna Hay, and this week Sarah has chosen pickled carrot from Donna's website.

This was pretty simple to make, but I was glad I had my mandolin to chop the carrots.  I didn't have plain rice vinegar so I used black vinegar, and it seemed OK to me.

I ate these with Jamie's Sticky Chicken Chinese Noodles, and it made the perfect accompaniment.

To see what Sarah, Margaret and Chaya thought of their pickles, visit their websites.

5 comments:

Blond Duck said...

I never know you could pickle carrots!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm scared of my mandolin but it comes in so handy at times! :D

Kari said...

I didn't know you could pickle carrots either (or at least, I never thought about it), but I love the idea!

Johanna GGG said...

love the photo and the idea of pickled carrots

Sarah said...

Your little matchsticks are very cute. I used my julienne peeler--my new favourite gadget.