Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WWDH - Potato Bacon and Leek Soup


This week, Margaret chose Donna's potato, bacon and leek soup from p24 of Modern Classics I for Wednesday with Donna Hay.  You can find the recipe online here.

This soup was really, really good.  This is high praise from a person who feels rather lukewarm about soup.  I substituted the bacon for prosciutto (because I had some left over from the pumpkin pizza last week), and I used the cream.  Yum!

To see what Margaret, Kayte, Chaya and Sarah thought about this soup, visit their websites.

8 comments:

yummychunklet said...

This seems similar to a Dorie or Ina recipe. That must mean it's pretty delicious!

Unknown said...

That looks interesting!!

Blond Duck said...

Sounds good to me!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe I remember your comments previously about not really enjoying soup so this must be good! :)

Finla said...

wowo that soup looks so heartyand so yumm.

~~louise~~ said...

We sure could use some hearty soup around here today Cakelaw. It's freezing! Potato Leek is one of my favorites. Add some bacon and I'll dive in!

Thanks for sharing...

Kari said...

I have never mastered potato and leek soup so perhaps I need to look into this recipe!

Sarah said...

Haha, "lukewarm about soup" is a great turn of phrase. I loved this one, too. Those are basic ingredients that I can usually find in my fridge.