Thursday, September 22, 2011

Brioche apple tart


A little while ago, the Tuesdays with Dorie group made Golden Brioche Loaves.  The recipe in Baking From My Home To Yours made two loaves, and Dorie recommended against halving it.  As instructed, I made the full recipe, but instead of making two brioche loaves, I made an apple brioche tart, inspired by Dorie's Brioche Plum Tart.  The original recipe for that tart can be found here at Chez Us.

However, instead of using the special brioche dough for this tart, I used the other half of my golden brioche tart dough.  I also substituted plums for apples (it being winter when I made this tart), and used raspberry jam in the base (as you can't readily buy apple butter here).

This tart was absolutely scrumptious - there's not much more I can say about it, as the brioche recipe itself is just heavenly.

If you have some time on your hands, I highly recommend making Dorie's Golden Brioche Loaf dough, and making with it what you please - it is versatile and delicious.  

8 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Love brioches. This apple tart look deliicous Cake Law, gloria

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Johanna GGG said...

sounds delicious - I have a feeling that dorie would be most pleased with your work

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That looks so bountiful with all of that luscious fruit on top! :D

Finla said...

I want a huge slice,looks beautiful and yumm.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cakelaw,

Love your work on Rules of the Kitchen! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the top cooking Advisors on ShopSquad, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

If you recommend something that is purchased, from cookware to appliances to kitchen gadgets, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about?vsrc=fd921) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks?vsrc=fd921). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your version looks fabulous! I still have some brioche sticky buns in the freezer - hope to bake them this weekend.

Lauren Hairston said...

I didn't even need to read your description to know I wanted to make this. Anything that has "brioche," "apple" or "tart" in the title interests me and this one has all three! I can't imagine how yummy it must have been!