Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TWD - World Peace Cookies



This week's TWD recipe has been chosen by Jessica of cookbookhabit. She has chosen the cookies that have been whirring around the blogosphere since Dorie's book first came out - the World Peace Cookies. These cookies are so named because someone told Dorie that they were so good, they'd promote world peace.

And so these cookies are good - not sure if they would really promote world peace, but the story is a good 'un. The cookies themselves are a cinch to make, and it is a case of substance over style - they are chunky cookies, but pack an amazing taste punch. You'd never guess it when they first come out of the oven, because they are quite squishy at that stage, but once they have been left to their own devices for the recommended time, they firm up and become crunchy, chocolatey nuggets of deliciousness.

Thanks to Jessica for this week's choice. You can make yourself seriously hungry by checking out everyone else's World Peace Cookies at the Tuesdays with Dorie blogroll.

18 comments:

Rosie said...

I've heard so much about these cookies and how good they are! I really need to bake these :)

A lovely bake of cookies cakelaw!

Rosie x

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked them - they really are chunky nuggets of deliciousness!

Tammy said...

I love these cookies! i have also tried them with adding about 3tbsp peanut butter - if you are a pb fan, you should try that. very delicious!

The Blonde Duck said...

They look like they have a smidgen of peanut butter...is that true?

Anonymous said...

I loved these cookies. so did everyone at work. :)

Engineer Baker said...

I agree - I've had them right out of the oven, and they're not nearly as good. After cooling - delicious!

Anonymous said...

haha I love the name of these! Wow, a biscuit so good it could promote world peace. I think needs to be tried :Phaha I love the name of these! Wow, a biscuit so good it could promote world peace. I think needs to be tried :P

Pamela said...

They look great and I do enjoy this cookie. Nice job!

Jules Someone said...

Nice looking cookies. We actually liked these better the next day.

Ivy said...

Oooooh, they do sound delicious.

natalia said...

They were so good !!! Mine spread too much I'll hhave to try again !

Jennifer said...

These were REALLY good after coming to room temp. You did a great job!

chocolatechic said...

These were just. so. good.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Rosie - I have heard a lot about them so it was fun to finally make them.

Thanks Jess :)

Hi Blonde Duick, mine don't, but see Tammy's comment below yours.

Hi Pinkstripes - I took mine to work too and they disappeared like hotcakes.

Hi Caitlin - yes, they are yummy once cooled!

Hi Lorraine, my thoughts exactly.

Thanks Pamela.

Hi Jules, mine didn't last that long ...

Hi Ivy, they are - Jess has the recipe.

Hi Natalia, mine hardly spread at all - just enough so that the crimbly bits melded in (which was good).

Thanks Jennifer :)

I am with you Tanya!

Maria said...

My favorite cookies!! Nice job!!

Unknown said...

mmmm Tuesday is the baking day... look yummy and for all the comments I read here, you did a great job!! so, well done, Gaye.

TeaLady said...

Cookies look great. They ARE a cinch to make and so easy to store before hand. Usually nothing to store after baking.

Cakelaw said...

Hi Maria, these could easily become my new favourites - aside from Tim Tams.

Thanks Arfi :)

Agreed TeaLady - my kind of cookies!