Tuesday, January 24, 2023

TWD - Potato-Parm Tart




This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Potato-Parm Tart.  This involves making a savoury galette dough, rolling it out flat, putting a cream-cheese-milk-parmesan mixture on top, then arranging thin slices of red potato (and in my case, apple) on the cheese mixture, with more parmesan and thyme. The base is pre-baked, and then baked again to cook the topping. 

This tart was delicious- I would definitely make it again. It was a little time consuming to make  with its various steps, but not difficult.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website. 


5 comments:

Shirley @ Everopensauce said...

So funny that I just baked an apple galette the other day. The apple idea works similarly well.

Diane Zwang said...

I am glad that you liked the apple version. This was good.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I would like to try the apple version then! Thanks for the suggestion as I am not sure I would have without someone saying it was good!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

your crust looks perfectly crisp! I liked this one, too...definitely a repeater.

Johanna @ green gourmet giraffe said...

Sounds fantastic - I really want a piece of this and the apple would add a bit of extra contrast in flavours that I hope went down well.