Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WWDH - Spinach and ricotta pasta bake

 
It's not that easy being green;
Having to spend each day the colour of the leaves.
(from Bein' Green by Joe Raposo)


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe from Off the Shelf  is Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Bake, chosen by Margaret of Tea and Scones.

I only made a half recipe so that as a solo diner, I wasn't eating this for the rest of the year. (I got six serves out of half, so I am not sure how Donna got six serves out of double that - they must have been very generous serves!) However, I used up all the (baby) spinach that came in the bag, as it wasn't cheap, and it seems that this may have been a little enthusiastic, as I seem to have a very high ratio of spinach to everything else in my pasta bake.

No matter - this was absolutely delicious, and a nice change from what I would usually make.  It is creamy without being rich, and has all the goodness of spinach and dairy.

To see what Margaret,  Kayte and Chaya thought of this dish, visit their blogs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a conspiracy. Dorie's recipes also serve gargantuan portions, even when I halve or third the recipe!

Blond Duck said...

This reminds me of those Spinach and cheese pies with puff pastry...oh, mamacita.

Cindy said...

This looks delicious. I'm always amazed at the serving sizes of most pasta recipes. I usually make half recipes because it is just hubby and me. We still get 4-6 servings. Maybe the rest of the world eats really big pasta portions!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love spinach-we buy two huge bags every week and them supplement it with other leaves. This would be delicious!

Johanna GGG said...

I love lots of spinach but if it is in a big clump of cooked spinach it can be too much for me - I would probably prefer it stirred through the pasta bake a bit more but imagine I would love it

Margaret said...

SO glad you liked it. But it's pasta, what's not to like. I haven't made it yet. Life!! But making full recipe for luncheon on Friday. So glad it was good!!

Jill said...

I love anything with spinach and pasta. Looks great!