Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fishing Trip - Thai Fish Curry



Jeena at Jeena's Kitchen is hosting a Fishing Trip Event. To participate, you have to post about a fish or seafood dish - no other meats are allowed to be included.

As luck would have it, I had already decided to make this Thai Fish and Pumpkin Curry by famed chef Jill Dupleix, published on Fairfax Newspaper's Cuisine website. You can follow the link above if you are tempted to make it.

In brief, this curry contains fish, pumpkin, chillis, capsicum, kaffir lime leaves, shallots and baby spinach, with a red curry paste (I used Tom Yum). The verdict - I really enjoyed the fusion of flavours in this dish, but would have liked it a tad less hot - I would make it again, but I would tone down the heat a little. (OK, OK, I'm a wimp!) Definitely a keeper.


To see all the other great seafood and fish recipes that Jeena has hauled in, visit her site after September 5.

8 comments:

Ivy said...

Sounds ideal for a winter dish although I don't like hot dishes either.

Katie said...

Oooh I am a sucker for seafood!

Unknown said...

i love thai curry...gosh i can eat this with loads of rice anytime!

Lore said...

Ditto Katie. Your curry looks wonderful! I have a strange habbit when eating thai curry, I love to munch some tofu as I eat along.

adele said...

Yum. I've never made Thai curry - somehow, my energy fails me when I read the great big long lists of spices, and I end up buying takeaway instead. Paste-based curry with some extras sounds more manageable. I might try this when the weather gets cooler.

Rosie said...

Such colour this is a beautiful curry... great ingredients... one very tasty curry :)

Rosie x

Jeena said...

Wonderful curry and great entry thank you. I love the ingredients it sounds really comforting and delicious. :-)

Cakelaw said...

Hi Ivy, it is a great winter warmer.

Hi Katie, this is a good recipe for fish if you like curry.


Hi Rita, I'm with you.

Hi Lore, sounds like a great idea.

Hi Adele, I'm with you - I am put off if there are too many ingredients.

Thanks Rosie.

Hi Jeena, thanks for hosting this event - can't wait for the roundup.