Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Low fat dinner - macaroni beef



Because I love baking sweets so much, I try to keep the fat and calories down in my main meals so that I can fit in a few treats. A couple of years ago, the Brisbane Extra television program featured a series of low fat recipes by Annette Sym, author of the Symply Too Good to be True series of cookbooks. One of the featured recipes was Macaroni Beef, which I tried out for the first time this week.

You can find the recipe for this Macaroni Beef
here. It is quite easy to make once you get over grating the zucchini, carrot and cheese (I hate grating - too much elbow grease required and too high a danger of skinning yourself). It also contains only 7-8g of fat per serve, even with the cheese and white sauce topping (which you may leave off for an even lower fat meal).

I served this dish with steamed vegetables, and found it both filling and delicious. It is definitely worth a try if you are after an easy, low fat but tasty meal.

No comments: