Sunday, November 24, 2019

Matcha Cake with Cherry Juice Icing


On Wednesday, it was my friend Karen's birthday.  To help her to celebrate the occasion, I made the Matcha Cake with Cherry Juice Icing from Simply Nigella. You can also find the recipe online here.

The matcha cake is a chiffon cake, so it is light and airy and fluffy:


The green cake is then decorated with pretty pink icing made from icing sugar and cherry juice) in my case, taken from a jar of Morello cherries):


Karen said she loved the cake, which makes it a win in my book!

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I might be going cuckoo but I swear I left a comment about this before! Cherry juice icing is an interesting idea :D

Mae Travels said...

Using the juice from those cherries has always seemed like a good idea. But I didn't know what to use it for. Now you have offered me an ACTUAL way to use it!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Johanna GGG said...

that is a tantalising peek into the centre with that little crack - I really wanted to see a slice cut but nice to hear it was a success - nice idea