Tuesday, August 6, 2019

TWD - Melody Cookies


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe, the first for August 2019, is Melody Cookies.  I am not American, so the name of these cookies means nothing to me.  However, Dorie says that when she was growing up, Nabisco made cocoa-flavoured cookies called Melody cookies, which were round with serrated edges and had sugar on top.   These cookies ceased to be made in the 1970s, so Dorie has chosen to recreate them with her own recipe.

I have no idea whether my cookies tasted particularly Melody cookie-like.  I chose to go off piste and cut mine into serrated squares.  From a quarter of the recipe, I made 20 cookies.  


These little chocolate delights were quite delicious.  I ate two fresh from the oven - they were definitely worth making.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

they sure look delicious - but I have no idea what the originals were like either

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i don’t remember the melody cookie, but i sure thought this version was good! i also did fluted squares and love the look.

Mardi Michels said...

Good to know re: quantity! These look great!

Diane Zwang said...

I am an American and I haven't heard of these cookies before either. I am glad you liked them and I look forward to making them.

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Dear Gaye, these lovely chocolate cookies sounds sooo good and they look very, very pretty too! I also like the story behind these - what a lovely idea to re-create a 'formerly famous' cookie!