Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Rocky Road and Rum Balls


This is the penultimate Christmas box post for this year, and I will make it easy for you and me with treats that I have made before.  First up is the Rocky Road at the top of this post, which I first made nearly nine years ago (wow, it does not feel like that long).  The recipe is from the Loreto Cooks cookbook, given to me years ago by Mayor Steve before he was mayor, and contains chopped marshmallows, Cherry Ripes and Turkish Delights - three of my favourite things! 


Next up is Rum Balls, a perennial favourite, for which I first posted the recipe in the infancy of this blog in 2007.  This year I rolled the rum balls ultra small and only the first wave of box recipients received them, as they were a stop gap until the next wave came along.

Are you giving edible gifts this year?  If so, what did you make, and what was your favourite?

3 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Yum! Two great recipes! I'm giving all the old favorites---toffee, fudge, gingersnaps, butterscotch cookies, peanut blossoms. I better get started! xo

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Yup lots of edible Christmas gifts this year! I still have never made rum balls! I must give them a go

Johanna GGG said...

Oh I love rumballs (our version is slightly different and non alcoholic) and rocky road - we make rumballs from time to time but I am filled with desire for rocky road now - love your christmas gift box posts - some lucky recipients out there