Tuesday, February 20, 2018

TWD - Sebastian's Remarkably Wonderful Brownies


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe ought to be a hit for chocolate lovers - Sebastian's Remarkably Wonderful Brownies. 

These brownies get their chocolate hit entirely from cocoa.  Dorie described them as creamy, but that is not quite how I'd describe them.  They are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, but they are not gooey, fudgy style brownies.  

I liked these well enough, but it is not my favourite brownie recipe.  I like mine a little more on the fudgy side and I am partial to walnuts in my brownies. But that's just me - everyone at work, my boyfriend and my Pilates instructor loved them. "Not too sweet" and "I like the crackly top" were just some of the comments.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

9 comments:

Merryn said...

These brownies certainly look delicious - 1 cup of Dutch cocoa is certainly a rich ingredient. I agree that Walnuts are a favourite in a brownie recipe with a rich, gooey centre but your taste testers approved so they must be tasty.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe snap! I also did a chocolate item today where the chocolate was from cocoa and not chocolate itself. I like really thick, gooey brownies! :D

Mardi Michels said...

I really liked these ones but I am a brownie purist (no nuts for me!). My colleagues commented on the chocolatey flavour coming entirely from cocoa as well - they wold never have guessed!

Johanna GGG said...

they look good in the photo but I agree that fudgy brownies are best - but I would definitely give them a try

Kari said...

I love how many varieties of brownies there are, so everyone can be catered for. It sounds like these pleased your taste testers if not being your preferred recipe.

Kayte said...

I couldn't figure out how to post at the site...for some reason it would not take my comment...maybe I've been banned!!! lol At any rate, I made the brownies, dusted off my blog and posted these. I have no real idea if I am back or not. I am trying to put things back into place but it is a very slow go. We shall see. Mark loved the brownies so I guess that was a big plus...or maybe he just loved that I actually baked something, and something chocolate at that. At any rate, I see that you didn't quite love them as much as you would have liked...they look wonderful. I am attempting to get back on track...don't be surprised if I fail at this, at least know I am trying. Love ya. xo

2paw said...

That is very interesting, my friends tend to like the fishy brownies made with dark chocolate. The cakier ones should just be cake, in their opinion. I am for pecans, not walnuts, unless they are freshly cracked.

Diane Zwang said...

Maybe the next brownie recipe will be a hit with you. Looks like all of the other recipes include nuts. We enjoyed these for their plainness.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i also like walnuts in my brownies...maybe i’ll throw some in if i make these again. i liked trying out an all cocoa recipe.