Tuesday, February 13, 2018

TWD - Cheesecake Alsace Style


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Cheesecake Alsace Style.  The fascinating thing about this cheesecake is that it does not contain any cheese - the filling is made with yoghurt and cream.

This cheesecake is featherlight in both the filling and base.  You could eat a number of slices and not even notice.  And better still, it is delicious.  The dark top is normally something that would turn me off a cheesecake, but it is not a negative here at all. 


There are sultanas soaked in booze in this cheesecake, although you could leave them out if you have an aversion to such things.  I soaked my sultanas in Cointreau, somehow being wilfully blind to the fact that the recipe actually said Cognac or rum.

This cheesecake was absolutely perfect and I would happily make it again.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

9 comments:

Pam said...

Woo hoo! I love cheesecake and this looks delicious! Kind of funny though, no cheese in it! But booze in it sounds awesome! Thanks!

2paw said...

Cheesecake is something I can usually eat and it sounds delicious. I love plump sultanas, especially in bread and butter pudding, but soaked in alcohol in a cheesecake sounds even yummier! Also, the added bonus of being able to eat several slices.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I must give this a try! I always have yogurt and cream in my fridge :D

Kari said...

This sounds like a nice twist on classic cheesecakes.

I like sultanas but find them in a cheesecake intriguing!

Mardi Michels said...

I like the sound of Cointreau - not sure about the sultanas though, I might use cranberries and Cointreau... I'm really interested to try this!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i liked this a lot, too. and boozy raisins are really good! :)

Diane Zwang said...

I am glad that you liked it so well. I think I am going to make this for a dinner party so glad for the positive review.

Zosia said...

This was a surprise hit for me. I loved it too.

Johanna GGG said...

never heard of this sort of cheesecake before but would give it a go if I was offered a slice! glad it worked out so well