Tuesday, September 26, 2017

TWD - Simplest Plum Tart


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Simplest Plum Tart.

It is what it says on the tin - a tart shell sprinkled with biscuit crumbs to soak up the juices from the plums that fill it, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.



I had to use tinned plums as it is a long time before plum season here.  This meant that my tart was not as pretty as it would have been with fresh fruit,  but it was still good.

I found this tart perhaps a little too plain to be a favourite, but it disappeared promptly at work, so I'll take that as a tick of approval.

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the Tuesday with Dorie website.

7 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

looks delicious - I am looking forward to some fresh stone fruit

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sometimes I'm surprised when I don't overly love something but other people do! But hey it's a win that it disappears!

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

Mine disappeared quickly too, although I was convinced I'd made it wrong?

Kari said...

It is plum season here! Perfect timing - thank you :-) I love the simplicity of this.

Zosia said...

I would approve of your tart too. It looks delicious.

Diane Zwang said...

Your tart probably came out better with tin plums. My plums were not juicy at all and the crumbs just sat on the crust. This was a plain dessert which I probably won't make again.

Summer said...

Looks delicious and the disappearing act is a sign of approval anywhere!