Tuesday, September 19, 2017

TWD - Graham Cracker Cookies


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Graham Cracker Cookies.  Graham crackers are not something that is sold in Australia, but to me, the taste and texture of these cookies resembled Arnotts Shredded Wheatmeal biscuits.

These cookies were simple to make.  I made a half batch and only froze them for an hour before cutting and baking (instead of three hours).  

I am pleased to have them as next week's Dorie recipe is a tart with a Graham cracker base - that worked well.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

10 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Haha what great timing is that having the upcoming recipe using the cookies. I remember making graham cookies for Daring Bakers and being so excited to have a real Graham cookie base.

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I used these in my plum tart too! So good!

Johanna GGG said...

I am slightly jealous as I have wanted to make them for ages but get unsure of the recipe because I don't have a clue what graham crackers taste like - must check out the bikkies you mention - what flour did you use - just wholemeal instead of the mythical graham flour?

Cakelaw said...

Hi Johanna, it's a mix of plain and wholemeal flour.

Summer said...

Your cookies look great, so even. I thought the dough was stick but it was a really hot day here. So who knows?

Kari said...

I was so excited to try Graham Crackers in America the first time I was there. I love the idea of making a similar product at home.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

they look terrific-- maybe you can start a food business and introduce them to australia!

Diane Zwang said...

I stored these in my freezer and we have been enjoying them. Homemade has been much better than store bought.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I love that you're still participating in Tuesdays with Dorie. I've always wanted to make graham crackers and now I know the recipe to try.

2paw said...

Oh thank you for the recipe and the information. I am always amused when I hear them say “grey-m” instead of Graham. I have substituted Granita biscuits before, so it is good to know what to use when I am too lazy to make these!