Tuesday, June 6, 2017

TWD - Blueberry Buttermilk Pie Bars



This week for Dorie's Cookies, I made the Blueberry Buttermilk Pie Bars.  These comprise a shortbread base topped with custard and berries.

You would be correct in deducing that I didn't just use blueberries - it isn't blueberry season here, so I used frozen mixed berries.

I thought these pie bars were delicious.  They disappeared at work too, so I am counting that as a good sign.

To see what the other bakers made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

12 comments:

Peggy said...

Making mine now and they are not doing well.

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I can't wait to make these! Yours look lovely!

shirley @ everopensauce said...

With frozen berries, you can make these year round. I think frozen ones are just as good.

Kari said...

These are an amazing colour and sound really delicious - with mixed berries or any berries!

Pam said...

I just saw these on another blog. They look and sound delicious and now I will have to pull out the cookbook and start baking. I've got a plethora of frozen blueberries to use. Thanks for sharing!

Summer said...

They look delicious! And disappearing at work is a definitely a good omen.

Diane Zwang said...

These grew on me. I liked them cold best.

Judy said...

The ones I made disappeared quickly, too. I think they tasted better after being chilled overnight.

Teresa said...

I'm looking forward to trying these. It's good to know that they work well with frozen berries, too. Yours look delicious and I'm not surprised they disappeared quickly!

kitchen flavours said...

We love these! Yum!

Agness of Run Agness Run said...

I love these pie bars! Great combination of ingredients!

Kayte said...

Using frozen mixed berries for these bars was a great idea, they look just beautiful and I bet these would be excellent. I love berries of any kind so having a mix is even better. Loved these, yours look great.