Thursday, June 29, 2017

EwE - Kitchen Sink Cookies - Beach Party Snacks


Peggy chose the theme of Beach Party Snacks for this week's Eating with Ellie.  When I think of a beach party, I think of portable food, so that was the inspiration for my recipe choice.

I chose Ellie's Kitchen Sink Cookies, as they are portable and packed with good things to give you energy for a beach party.  They contain apple sauce, dried cherries, dried apricots, walnuts, oatmeal and chocolate.

These cookies are not particularly sweet, but they are quite satisfying, and certainly deserve their "everything but the kitchen sink" moniker. 

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website.

This is our last theme for a while to give everyone a chance to regroup.  If you are interested in joining us, leave a message for us in the comments section of the Eating with Ellie  website, or contact Kayte, Margaret, Peggy  or me directly.

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a handy recipe! Hehe how cute are those two little cockatoos in the middle?

2paw said...

I do not like eating at the beach, I have childhood memories of gritty egg sandwiches. I would like these on that cute plate, at home with a cup of tea thank you!!!