Thursday, April 27, 2017

EwE - Good For You Shepherd's Pie - Mash-Ups



This week's Eating with Ellie theme is Mash Ups, chosen by me.  My pick for this theme is Ellie's Good For You Shepherd's Pie.

At first glance, it looks similar to any other Shepherd's Pie.  However, the "mash up" topping is not just potato - it is potato and cauliflower.  And the potatoes have their skins left on!  Also, there are heaps of veggies in the mince part of the pie - normally, a Shepherd's Pie has no veggies in the mince part.

I think that next time, I'd add a spoon of promite or similar to spice up the mince a bit, but otherwise, I really enjoyed this version of Shepherd's Pie, which is very satisfying.

To see what Mash Up madness everyone else got up to this week, visit the LYL section of EwE website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love adding promite or vegemite to mince mixes. It adds such a nice touch to them-a bit of salty intensity.

Johanna GGG said...

I like the sound of the potato and cauli topping on the pie - and it is perfect weather for shepherd's pie

Peggy said...

Just got my post up! Nothing exciting like yours though! Love shepherds pie. Looks yummy! I would never have thought of that!

Kayte said...

Okay, I need to go google promite and find out what that is exactly. :-) The photo looks wonderful, even to me who usually has a "not too many things touching" rule...I would happily eat this. What a good idea to mix cauliflower and potato for the mash on the top...I would love that for sure! Great choice, I'm going to look up promite and the recipe for this and Mark is going to be very happy. :-)