Tuesday, January 17, 2017

TWD DC - World Peace Cookies and Breakfast Biscotti


This week sees another twofer from  Dorie's Cookies for Tuesdays with Dorie.  First up is World Peace Cookies - chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks.  I have made these before for the original Tuesdays with Dorie group, not once, but twice.  When I think of all the water that has gone under the bridge since either of those times, I am gob-smacked. 

However, I can say that practice makes perfect with these cookies - I think my latest attempt has produced the best looking batch yet, and they are certainly just as delicious.  Who can resist a chocolate cookie with chocolate chunks?  I ate three of them this time all by myself.



Our next cookie this month is Breakfast Biscotti.  At first, I was not enthused about making these - my main experiences with biscotti are of the store-bought variety, which always seem rather dry and unpalatable.  However, these  biscotti are not like that at all.  They are chunkier than the store-bought variety, and much moister.  I used muesli with dried fruit which I did not pick out (although the recipe said I should), and sultanas instead of cranberries, both influenced by what I had in the house.  And I loved these cookies. So delicious and fruity and nutty, and not at all dry.  A winner in my books.

To see some more Dorie's Cookies baking experiences for this month, visit the LYL section of the TWD website. 

10 comments:

Kayte said...

Both cookies look great. Mark took the biscotti to his office and munched on them last week dunking them in his coffee...I made a small batch. He said they weren't as dry as the others he has had over the years, so I guess he found the same thing you did in those. And the chocolate cookies were very much appreciated, if you have any left over, he would be happy to help you out as yours look wonderful.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I feel the same way about regular biscotti but there is a place that makes delicious pistachio biscotti and it is SO good! They even let me have the recipe!

Johanna GGG said...

Good to hear your feedback on the biscotti as I feel the same about it - and I would have eaten far more of the world peace cookies - have bookmarked them but never made them - one day I hope to!

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I do think practice makes perfect with the WPC - a good excuse to make more, anyway. I also loved the breakfast biscotti, not being a fan of them normally, these were so good!

Diane Zwang said...

We loved both of these cookies too. The World Peace cookies have been a big hit in my house this week.

Kari said...

I think both of these cookies would generate peace and goodwill :D

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yes--two winners!!

Summer said...

Both cookies look great! I'm convinced that WPC are the ultimate answer. Its nice to know that practice makes perfect with these.

Teresa said...

Your WPC look beautiful! I'm looking forward to trying the biscotti - I find homemade biscotti much less dry and far tastier than the coffee shop variety.

kitchen flavours said...

I love both cookies! And these biscotti are definitely better than any store-bought ones!