Monday, November 30, 2015

Maple Spice Pound Cake


Today is Lucy Maud (LM) Montgomery's birthday.   You may know her better as the author of the Anne of Green Gables books.  LM Montgomery was Canadian, so to celebrate her birthday, I present you with a cake made with that very Canadian ingredient, maple syrup.



The recipe for this cake comes from Tutti Dolci, and is online here.

I made the cake in accordance with the recipe, but for the icing, which I made just using icing sugar, maple syrup and water (because it has better keeping qualities out of the fridge).

This cake was delicious - not too fancy, not too sweet.

4 comments:

Merryn@merrynsmenu said...

What wonderful spices to pair with the maple, I am glad it is not too sweet and the texture is perfect.

~~louise~~ said...

You don't have to ask me twice to celebrate LM's birthday. Your cake sounds fabulous! I'm really intrigued by the maple syrup and water frosting, something I would never think to concoct, lol...

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I made this too and I loved it!

Johanna GGG said...

mmmmm maple syrup - and anne of green gables too - nice way to celebrate LM's birthday