Thursday, February 19, 2015

EwE - Pork Tenderloin with Fennel and Grapes



It's Eating with Ellie time, and this week, it's my pick from Weeknight Wonders - Pork Tenderloin with Fennel and Grapes. 

I just know there's a bunch of people who hate fruit and meat together, and another bunch who hate aniseed flavour, who are hating the sound of this dish.  However, I cooked it, and I loved it!

I made this dish for Valentine's Day dinner.  I paired the pork with mashed potato and broccolini with toasted almonds and balsamic vinegar.  It was all so good, and I loved the sauce that was served with the pork.  This dish has a little bit sweet, a little bit aniseed, and a lot of oh so good.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I don't mind fruit with meat but it depends on how sweet it is and what the meat is. I really like pork with something sweet and I think I'd really go for this! :D

Kayte said...

We loved this one, too, Gaye. Definitely will see it again sometime soon here as it was easy and simple and we like pork tenderloin a lot. Great choice. Yours looks wonderful...love the greens with it.

Chaya said...

That looks like a plate chock full of delicious food. I am glad you selected it although I made it with chicken. As I said to Kate, "I have no idea what pork tenderloin tastes like and I hope chicken is a good substitute."

We are having this for dinner but I made it this morning so I could post. I can't wait to see what it is like.

Anonymous said...

What a great selection! I'm anxious to try this again with chicken. Loved the sauce!

TeaLady said...

Everybody's pork (or chicken) looks sooooo good. Guess I will have to try it.