Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chocolate Truffles



I am trying to find healthy go to snacks to help me through my day so that I don't turn to junk food as much.  In that vein, I recently found a recipe for Chocolate Truffles here on the Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic website.

I already had all of the ingredients to make these chocolate truffles, so I decided to give them a go.

These vegan, gluten free truffles are very quick and easy to make, and require little attention - I made them while watching TV.  The dough came out surprisingly thick, so rolling it into balls was not a problem.

I rather enjoyed these truffles.  They are not very sweet, but they have a pleasing soft texture with a bit of crunch, and they help to satisfy hunger cravings.  I'd make them again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG just look at those truffles. I am in love

yummychunklet said...

What fantastic looking truffles!

Johanna GGG said...

look delicious - I would snack on them!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Isn't truffle making surprisingly easy! I was shocked when I first made them :) Alas I have "hot" hands which is terrible for chocolate and patisserie making :(

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, beautiful Chocolate Truffles - they sound like a healthy and delicious indulgence! Very elegant looking!

Kari said...

I love these kinds of snacks - far more decadent than the ingredients actually are! Glad you liked them.

Kayte said...

Now, they have a non-chocolate version as well, right? Well, not that you would be interested in that, but I might be! They look cute.

leaf (the indolent cook) said...

Thanks for the review of the recipe - it looks pretty good, and I have most of the ingredients!

~~louise~~ said...

Oh so saving this one, Gaye! I looked at the recipe and I should be able to whip it up in no time! Thank you so much for sharing, Gaye...Yours look soooooo yummy!!!