Saturday, October 26, 2013

White chocolate brownies for Tim's birthday


On Wednesday, it was Tim's birthday.  Tim loves white chocolate, so I wanted to make him a birthday treat containing white chocolate, but which was not too time consuming to make and was portable.

I selected Allyson Gofton's white chocolate brownies from her book, Bake.  She has also published the recipe for the brownies and the white chocolate icing on her website.  These brownies contain white chocolate and pistachios.  I sprinkled my brownies with gold stars instead of extra pistachios, which I thought was more festive and fitting for a birthday.

In the interests of research and review only (so I tell myself), I cut a couple of slivers off the brownies to taste.  These brownies are dense and sweet, as you can imagine from the amount of white chocolate in them, and the pistachios add a lovely crunch.  The white chocolate icing is not strictly necessary, but adds another element of sweetness to the brownies.

Happy birthday Tim!

10 comments:

Finla said...

I am bookmaking this one looks so good.

Gloria Baker said...

Hi dear Cakelaw theese brownies look delicious!!xo

yummychunklet said...

These white chocolate brownies look fantastic!

~~louise~~ said...

White Chocolate Brownies are sounding mighty good right now. The touch of gold makes them all the more festive. Perfect for a birthday. I only wish it were my birthday (which I don't wish often these days:) so I could just have a sliver like you.

Thank you so much for sharing...

Kari said...

I don't think I've ever had white chocolate brownies! These look great.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love the icing layer! I'm always a sucker for icing :P

Johanna GGG said...

sounds like a lovely gift and the white chocolate icing looks very pretty even if not necessary

Adriana said...

Salty pistachios and white chocolate? Now I am intrigued. Thank you for welcoming me to the soufflé for breakfast club. You were definitely an inspiration yesterday. :)

The Caked Crusader said...

Love the addition of the pistachio - they look so pretty and always add lovely flavour

Caroline Taylor said...

Yum! Something I've always wanted to have a go at making.