Monday, December 24, 2012

Fruit mince pies



Remember my Betty's of Harrogate fruit mince?  Well, I put it to good use in my Christmas boxes this year by making fruit mince pies.

To make my pies, I used Margaret Fulton's recipe for the pastry, from Margaret Fulton Christmas, and available online here.  The pies are filled with two teaspoons of fruit mince.  The fruit mince is quite rich, so that is quite enough.

i was very happy with the pies - Margaret's pastry is a little more robust than the very short recipe I have used in the past, so it can be packaged easily, but still tastes buttery and good.

As for my fruitcake, I iced it with rolled fondant, sliced it into squares, and decorated each slice with a sugar Christmas decoration:



And finally, if you were wondering what my Christmas pudding looks like inside, here it is:

 
Just gorgeous!  Unfortunately, I don't get a piece, as I sliced it all up and gave it away in my Christmas boxes.
 
Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Merry Christmas to you too :) I love the stars on these pies and hope you have a great time eating them and celebrating in general tomorrow.

Johanna GGG said...

sounds like you have made great gift packages - wish I was that organised - have some coconut ice that I still need to pack - and my pies were lovely that I made today but quite short - must look at margaret fulton's recipe - have a great christmas

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Kayte said...

These Christmas treats are all so beautiful! You are so great with presentations of things. That fruitcake done that way is just really stellar.

Elaine said...

My goodness these bring back memories. I haven't had mince pies since my childhood. They are so pretty with the stars.