This is another Meme post, so I thought that a good way to kick things off would be to give you a vague idea of what I look like. The photograph above is of me at Noosa, Queensland where I was attending a conference late last year.
Gretchen from Canela & Comino has tagged me for another Meme - this time, on "5 Things About Me". The rules of this Meme are as follows:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.
When I first read this Meme, I initially panicked, because I couldn't think of 5 interesting things about me. However, once I thought a little more, I came up with the following facts:
1. The name of my hometown is derived from the Aboriginal word for "swamp". Does this make me a swamp creature?!?
2. As a child, I refused to eat my veges, and my mother wisely gave up trying to make me. Only when I left home to live at college, where you either ate your veges or starved, did I discover the diverse and wonderful flavours of vegetables.
3. I am the co-author of two legal texts. If you need a cure for insomnia, you may borrow them from me.
4. My favourite movie of all time is Casablanca. The performances, the script, the sets and the costumes (presumably high fashion at the time) are all wonderful. In particular, I love the rapid-fire wit that is exchanged between Rick Blaine and Captain Renault.
5. I do not own a car. In Australia, where cars are worshipped, this is regarded as strange, and I am constantly having to defend myself about this. However, it is common sense in my situation - I live within walking distance of everything I need, there is terrific public transport almost at my doorstep, it is cheap, clean and green, and I get great exercise without having to go out of my way, which allows me to eat more of my own cooking ;)
I am tagging the following fellow bloggers for this Meme (again, apologies if you have already done this one or if memes are just not your thing):
1. Ann at Redacted Recipes
2. Browners & Cowie from Around Britain with a Paunch
3. Gay of A Scientist in the Kitchen
4. Gail from Pacific Outpost
5. Happy Cook from My Kitchen Treasures