Monday, August 20, 2007

Paprika, Chicken and Lemon Bake


Winter has returned with a vengeance to Melbourne, with last night's temperature down to 4 degrees Celcius. Chilly weather calls for warming dinners, and I turned to the Donna Hay autumn edition (Issue 32, which appeared to have lots of post it notes protruding from the top where I had bookmarked recipes of interest).

On page 57, there is a striking photograph of Paprika, Chicken and Lemon Bake. Once I had seen this, my choice for dinner was a no-brainer. The recipe for this dish can be found on page 62 of the autumn edition of Donna Hay Magazine. I substituted hot paprika for smoked paprika, as this was what I had in the house.

This is a terrific, strongly flavoured dish, featuring lemon, chorizo sausages, olives and paprika. I loved the striking, salty flavours, which really added the "zing" factor to the chicken. This is definitely worth making again, as it is oh so simple (basically just tossing ingredients together with very little preparation), yet packs a big punch. Delicious!!

No comments: