Tuesday, May 14, 2019

TWD - Cookies-and-Cream Tartlets


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Cookies-and-Cream Tartlets.  In my case, I decided to go big or go home and made a single large Cookies-and-Cream Tart, using the same quantity of ingredients as the four mini tarts suggested by Dorie.

The cream in the tart is in the ganache, although you can also decorate the tart with cream.  A shortcrust pastry case is coated with a layer of cookie butter (in my case, Twix spread mixed with a little cinnamon to imitate the Biscoff spread that you were meant to use but is hard to get here), then filled with a ganache mixed with Speculoos.

I made my own Speculoos using Dorie's recipe as I could not buy them readily here:

   
As an optional extra, I decorated the top of my tart with more speculoos crumbs.  The tart is then refrigerated until set, before slicing and serving:


What I can I say - this was devine!  Silky ganache studded with biscuit pieces in a buttery pastry shell - what more could you want. 

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm not usually a big "cookies and cream" fan but this version sounds much nicer! Whenever I see speculoos I buy them-I think they're available at Aldi.

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds devine - and top marks for getting around the lack of ingredients locally, especially making your own speculoos

Diane Zwang said...

One big one sounds like a great idea. This was a lot of work for you with making your own cookies. Glad it was a hit.

Isthisakeeper said...

Great job on making your own cookies as well!!

Zosia said...

It's gorgeous as a full-sized tart. I'm looking forward to making it.

ClaudiaMorningstar said...

OMG. This tatrtle looks very good.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i liked this a lot, too! twix spread sounds pretty awesome, btw!