Tuesday, January 16, 2018

TWD - Cabin Fever Caramel Banana Bars



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Cabin Fever Caramel Banana Bars, so named because Dorie dreamed them up when she was going stir-crazy, shut inside after a second blizzard in Connecticut.  I have never experienced and hope never to experience a blizzard, but I can imagine how awful it would be.  I am glad it inspired creativity in Dorie.

These bars are like a banana cake laced with peanuts and topped with peanuts and more chocolate.  I wouldn't say that there was anything caramel about them other than that they contain brown sugar.

The result is rather delicious - sweet crunchy chocolate and crunchy salted peanuts atop a soft, peanutty banana cake base.  I'd make these again.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

8 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

These sound really good. Sadly our version of Melbourne cabin fever is shut up during a heat wave when the very idea of baking is so awful. But I don't fancy a blizzard either

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

These sound really good! I don't know how I'd cope in a blizzard. I'd probably bake too!

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey now, yum!
Yum. Yum and Yum!

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I LOVED these! Definitely making again!

Pam said...

Lucky you escaping blizzards! We didn't have a blizzard, just 5" snow that we just finished snow-blowing off the driveway. The bitter cold is just as bad. So these bars work perfectly for this weather. Bill is a banana lover, and caramel for me, so must try this! Thanks!

Abbe@This is How I Cook said...

Blizzards are actually kind of fun. Love being stuck inside and baking is the perfect way to celebrate! I thinks she had the right idea with these!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i really liked the cake bas and i’d make these again, too. we’re in prime blizzard season in new york...maybe i’ll make them again in a couple of weeks!

Diane Zwang said...

I agree there was not much caramel about them but they were good.