Tuesday, August 8, 2017

TWD - Profiteroles, Ice Cream and Hot Chocolate Sauce



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Profiteroles, Ice Cream and Hot Chocolate Sauce.  I didn't make the icecream from scratch, but I did make the pastry cream, profiteroles and hot chocolate sauce.

I have long been a fan of profiteroles, so making these was a no-brainer.  In this weather, icecream and hot chocolate sauce were not what the doctor ordered, but I went ahead and made the hot chocolate sauce to pour over the profiteroles and some store bought icecream,

I was pleased that my profiteroles did not deflate after being removed from the oven, as that has happened to me so many times it is not funny.  I tried all the tricks I have learned, and this time, everything came together for some puffy profiteroles that stayed puffy.

The combination of the profiteroles, the icecream and the chocolate sauce was rich but delicious.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It's so sad when they deflate. I think I read if you prick a hole they don't but they do sometimes. I might have to try this recipe!

Johanna GGG said...

these look so delicious that I would suddenly be quite happy to have ice cream even though it is so cold lately

2paw said...

Yes, deflation of the choux pastry is deflating for the cook! They look declicious and very "flated"!

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

These look lovely! Not sure I'm going to get to *all* the homemade components but I'll certainly try!

Zosia said...

Your profiteroles look beautiful. I'm so glad they didn't deflate this time...I know what that's like.

Summer said...

It's a delectable looking dessert. What a triumph to have made this elaborate dessert in the heat of summer and have it come out so beautifully.

Diane Zwang said...

I have not made profiteroles before so I hope it is not too difficult. I am going to make this for my son's first day of high school.