Tuesday, August 1, 2017

TWD - Anytime Tarragon-Apricot Cookies



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Anytime Tarragon-Apricot Cookies - except in my case, they are Anytime Rosemary-Apricot Cookies.  Fresh tarragon is not that easy to find, and when Mardi said she'd used rosemary, I decided to do the same.  I too grow rosemary and can get it for free, and save money and boot leather on searching for fresh tarragon.

These cookies are not particularly sweet, with most of the sweetness coming from the dried apricots in the cookies.  The rosemary gave the cookies a wonderful aroma. 

I enjoyed these cookies - not my favourite, but good all the same.

To see what everyone else thought of this week's cookies, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

10 comments:

Pam said...

They look great! Not sure if I've ever had a cookie with herbs in it. Sounds different for sure!

Johanna GGG said...

they look pretty - sounds like a nice change of flavour

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

I'm glad my last minute switch helped some people! I do want to try them with tarragon. Yours are so pretty with the fluted edges!

Summer said...

Using rosemary was a good idea. They look delicious. I guess they can't all be your favorites (by definition). :)

Shaheen said...

They look really pretty and sound good too. I have made scones with rosemary and rhubarb which were really good, so these appeal.

Anonymous said...

They look great! Rosemary seems to be the popular choice for these- I'd be interested to try them with the tarragon.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like an interesting cookie with the rosemary and apricots together :D And yay for ingredients that you have to hand.

2paw said...

I like both fresh rosemary and apricots, but I have never had them in a biscuit. Your blog is always a food adventure for me! Rosemary the herb came to our house and died. I either watered it too much or not enough.

Diane Zwang said...

Not my favorite either. I am taking mine to work tomorrow. Have a good week.

Kari said...

I really like the idea of these for something different. I definitely need to do more sweet baking with herbs.