Thursday, July 28, 2016

EwE - Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing - Melons, Melons, Everywhere


For this week's Eating with Ellie, Kayte chose the theme of Melons, Melons Everywhere.  I liked the sound of Ellie's Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing from So Easy, so that is what I made.

This fruit salad contains rockmelon (cantaloupe) as its major ingredient, so fits in well with this week's theme.  I was actually surprised to be able to buy a cantaloupe at this time of year, but there was one left in the shop.  It had my name on it.

This lovely, sunny looking fruit salad also features strawberries and kiwi fruit, and is dressed with a mixture of honey and lime juice.  (I skipped the mint.)


It was lovely eaten on its own, or served over muesli for breakfast.

To see what the others made this week, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website. 

7 comments:

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

Beautiful fruit salad, love the dressing that you made. Take care!

Kari said...

This looks beautifully bright and perfect for topping cereal.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

SO perfect with our summer fruits---and I'd happily eat it any time of day!

2paw said...

Oh, I love the ideas of the mint, ginger and lime, That would perk up even some tinned fruit. Ah the joys of being an Antipodean cook!!

Beth said...

This looks terrific! Thanks for the reminder of how much I like Ellie's recipes.

TeaLady said...

I LOVE a good fruit salad. This looks very refreshing. I wonder how watermelon would add to it.

Kayte said...

Oh, I am so glad you found a melon this week, I was so worried about that as we are deep into melon season here but I know that you are opposite of us and I was thinking that maybe you would only be able to find frozen, if at all. Whew. Your fruit salad looks so good...I need to make that one this weekend, perfect for toting along on a picnic. Such a pretty combination of fruits.