Monday, October 1, 2012

Banana and Condensed Milk Bread


Idly surfing the Web the other day, I came across a recipe for Banana and Condensed Milk Bread at Recipe Rifle.   Instantly, I was hooked - banana bread made with condensed milk?  Crazy genius!  I love condensed milk, so this recipe immediately made it to the "must bake" pile.

And here it is inside, looking all hazy and mysterious as I played with the settings on my DSLR camera after doing another photography course:


Esther had warned about decorating the cake in a straight line down the middle because hers "heaved away to the left - like a hip tattoo on a pregnant woman".  With that in mind, I just dotted walnuts all over the top of my cake.

The verdict - this is a very sweet version of banana bread, but unless you hate sweet things, what's wrong with that?  It was easy and quick and tasty - so it ticks all the boxes for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm going to have to get condensed milk, because I have an abundance of bananas!

Johanna GGG said...

I would have reacted just like you - I love anything with condensed milk - sounds delicious (am I am impressed you are doing camera courses - I feel like I am very slow to try anything not automatic on my camera but should try harder!)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm crazy for condensed milk! Even though it doesn't really agree with my system and plays havoc with my skin, I love the stuff! :D

Kathy said...

I’m also crazy for condensed milk and this bread looks and sounds delicious!! Lovely!

Kayte said...

It certainly looks pretty...I would try a slice of that.