Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pork Roast with Mango and Lychees


This post is a brief plug for Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan.

I made Dorie's Pork Roast with Mango & Lychees out of this book recently, and it is devine!! The sauce is rich and smooth and flavoursome, with a tang coming from the fruit, which complements the pork perfectly.


I also made the citrus rice in the book to go with the pork, as suggested by Dorie:



As I had lime zest left over from the lime used in the sauce, I flavoured my rice with lime zest instead of orange or lemon zest - it was a perfect pairing.

I served the meal with green beans:


This dish is one of the best I have ever tasted, and I will certainly make it again. In the spirit of being an FFwD member, I will not share the recipe (even though neither of these recipes is on the agenda yet), but instead, encourage you to buy the book. You will find the recipes are not all cream and butter, despite it being a French cookbook - many of the dishes are clean and crisp in flavour, and are inspired by a wide range of influences.

I can't wait to try more dishes from this book! (I have a freezer full of osso bucco, so I am pleased to see that Dorie has an osso bucco recipe in the book.)

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Lychee and pork?? I've never heard that before, but I certainly would like try it!
Looks delish!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love sweet flavours with pork! I'm used to apple but lychee sounds lovely!

Conor @ Hold the Beef said...

Oh yes, what a great summer recipe!! Love the idea of that citrus rice too. I just wish my little baby lime tree would grow up and start giving me some fruit.

Beth said...

This looks fabulous. You can't go wrong with any of Dorie's recipes!

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

The flavours do sound amazing but the sight of that fatty piece of pork in the first photo freaks me out a little... :)

The Blonde Duck said...

It sounds delicious!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I have never had lychees before! Sounds amazing :)

Phuoc'n Delicious said...

Love the combo of fruits and meat together, this is definitey one to try. Looks good

Anonymous said...

Lovely! You are on a roll with Dorie's recipes!

Gratis Kontaktannonser said...

Yummy! And an ideal serving suggestion too. That's a new twist.
Let's forget the pineapple and give way to mango and lychees.

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

this sounds so delish! i love the flavors in here. thank you for sharing this.