Thursday, August 9, 2007

Self-saucing chocolate pudding

When I set out to make self-saucing chocolate pudding, I actually meant to make a gloriously rich version containing chocolate and sour cream. Unfortunately, when I went to make it, I didn't have enough chocolate, so I did the next best thing - I made the saintly low fat option made with cocoa instead.

This pudding recipe comes from p284 of
The Australian Womens Weekly 501 Low Fat Recipes, and is titled "Rich Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding". Although it is nice, particularly when it is hot, I would hardly describe it as "rich". If you can afford to go the whole hog occasionally, my recommendation is to make the full fat version and enjoy it with icecream and custard. However, for those watching their weight or who just don't have the right ingredients to make a real chocolate version, then this is a pleasant enough substitute.

No comments: