Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Lumberjack Cake


Lumberjack Cake
Originally uploaded by
Cakelaw
I'm going to a friend's place for dinner tomorrow night, so I have decided to bake for work on "hump day" - Wednesday - instead. I received a gift voucher from work for my baking efforts and used it to buy two new cookbooks. One of these books, Sweet and Savoury Bites, contains a recipe for the intriguingly-named Lumberjack Cake at p66. Full of the fruity goodness of Granny Smith apples and dates, and topped with crunchy coconut, I found it hard to resist.

This cake is deliciously moist and more tart-like in texture than cake-like. It was also quite sweet because of the large quantities of fruit that it contains.

This cake did not receive the same rave reviews that a chocolate cake does, but I enjoyed it for a change. There are a number of other fruity cakes that I have been wanting to try, so this may be the beginning of a new phase.

No comments: