Tuesday, August 4, 2020

TWD - Biarritz Cookies




Today’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Biarritz cookies. These are flat little cookies flavoured with almond meal and coated on the bottom with a ganache style filling, and Dorie suggests sandwiching the cookies together with a generous amount of filling.

On day 1, these cookies have a nice snap, but they are soft and chewy by the second day.

While I enjoyed the flavour of these cookies, they are messy and labour intensive to make because they are formed by piping the batter onto baking sheets. 

When I spread on the dark chocolate filling, the cookies were reminiscent of vegemite on toast in appearance, so I preferred the sandwich cookie variation.

To see what cookies everyone else baked today, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

5 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

I feel like we've made these before, no? I remember them being fiddly but also delicious!! Yours look good!

Cakelaw said...

Thank you! Yes, they do ring a bell, maybe under a different name.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

maybe the cat's tongues in BCM were similar? vegemite on toast-- i'm dying! haha.

Cakelaw said...

Maybe - except my cats tongues failed and these worked.

Diane Zwang said...

I am going to attempt these today. I will go with the sandwich cookie. Glad that they taste good.