Thursday, July 27, 2017

Strawberry and Pistachio Galette


When I went to the supermarket this week, I found some beautiful plump, red strawberries on sale.  It immediately reminded me of a recipe for a strawberry and pistachio galette that I had seen in The New York Times earlier in the week.

Fortuitously, I already had pistachios in my stash, so making this galette was a no brainer once I saw the strawberries.

And isn't the finished product a beauty:


The outside was crunchy even absent the extra pistachios, and the inside was a dream mix of contrasting textures and flavours. I skipped the extra strawberries and icing sugar on top as I was taking it to work. Although some people were unsure what it was (I heard "breakfast pizza" mentioned), it was snapped up at morning tea time - a good sign.

If you have some nice strawberries about, I can highly recommend making this galette.

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

great combo in the galette - strawberries are looking quite tempting lately

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh that looks so good Cakelaw!! Love the sound of the contrasting textures :D

2paw said...

Oh yes, I have nomstrawberries, but I shall buy some tomorrow. That looks so delicious and you are right, the strawberries are plump and sweet now. I think this would make a perfect breakfast!!

Diane Zwang said...

Looks good and you got strawberries in the winter months.

Kari said...

It's very much strawberry season here (albeit the tail end) so this is great inspiration! Thanks.