Tuesday, July 26, 2016

TWD - Summer Market Galette


Our second July recipe for Tuesday with Dorie is Summer Market Galette.  It is a bitter sweet irony for me to be making Summer Market Galette when it is actually the middle of winter in Australia.  However, thanks to the  global export market, I have been able to buy US nectarines and plums, and I used canned apricots and frozen blueberries to make up the balance of the fruit.

You could actually make this with whatever fruits you wanted to.  However, to keep this aligned with the title of the recipe, I went the extra mile to use "season appropriate" (that is, summer) fruits in the galette.

The fruity component was given some zing by the addition of lime zest, grated fresh ginger and mint.  In all, it was rather a tasty tart that I served warm with icecream:


To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the Tuesdays with Dorie website.

11 comments:

Beth said...

This sounds wonderful - summer fruits are in season here, and I'd love to make this!

Johanna GGG said...

sounds like a lovely luxury to have a tart of summer fruit in the middle of winter - just what I need - please send piece my way :-)

Nicole said...

Glad you liked it. I am sure it was a nice treat and taste of summer in the middle of your winter!

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, a beautiful looking Galette - so versatile and just perfect just about any time of the year!

Kari said...

At least making this in winter gives you a burst of summertime when you most need it! It looks delicious, and obviously well matched to me in the northern hemisphere.

Mardi Michels said...

I always feel so sorry for you since these groups are so North American and northern hemisphere centric. You are a trooper and this looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love that you went the extra mile to have a summer tart in the winter :)

Zosia said...

Your galette looks perfect. I thought the lime and ginger added a little something special too.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe it's crazy how I see my American friends on Snapchat talking about how hot it is over there and how they're sweating!

Approaching Food said...

Warm with ice cream sounds delicious! And your galette looks so authentic!

Diane Zwang said...

I thought of you with this one and thought you might make the fall galette but kudos to you for doing the summer.