Thursday, May 5, 2016

EwE - Chicken Enchiladas with Avocado Sauce - Cinco de Mayo


Eating with Ellie has revamped, which I am happy about.  I love Ellie Kreiger's recipes.  They make it easier for me to choose what to make each week to avoid falling into the stir fry rut.  For May, Kayte chose the theme of Cinco de Mayo - Let's Cook Mexican.

For our last EwE them, What's on the Side?, I made a zucchini, spinach and corn sauté that Ellie suggested pairing with her Chicken Enchiladas with Avocado Sauce - so that is what I did.

These are so simple to make, so tasty, and only 390 calories per serve.  You take a corn tortilla, and fill it with shredded barbecue chicken mixed with red onion, tomato salsa and coriander:



You then make a delicious sauce of avocado, coriander, lime, salt, pepper and buttermilk to spoon over the top of the enchilada.  It is just so tasty.  This was one of my favourite Ellie dishes so far, and a definite keeper.

To see what the other Ellie cooks made, visit the LYL section of the EwE website

3 comments:

Margaret said...

RdEnchiladas are always a good choice.

2paw said...

Yum, spicy food is really good when the days get shorter. It perks up the palate!! There's not terribly much cooking, I think I shall have to make this anon.

Kayte said...

Wow, you used barbecued chicken, I bet that was fabulous! Looks really good, I loved that avocado sauce, I could eat that on most everything! Very pretty.