Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WWDH - Thai Red Beef Curry

 
 

For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I chose Red Thai Beef Curry from p104 of Modern Classics Book I.  You can also find the recipe online here

This thick, rich beef curry uses store bought curry paste for convenience, and contains pumpkin to beef it up a bit.  I served the curry atop a helping of boiled brown rice.  I used light coconut cream to try and cut down on some of the calories.

This was melt-in-your mouth delicious, and I would definitely make it again.  If you are a lover of curries, you can't go past the taste and convenience of this Donna Hay recipe.

To see what Margaret and Sarah thought of this curry, visit their websites.

6 comments:

yummychunklet said...

Ooh, this sounds pretty tasty, especially since I'm in the middle of a cleanse and can't eat meat!

Sarah said...

I think this was a pretty simple recipe and very versatile. It could be made vegetarian easily--I think pumpkin with cauliflower would be nice. Great choice; thanks!

TeaLady said...

This was tasty, wasn't it. Love the use of the red curry paste. So so simple. Good pick, Gaye.

Mae Travels said...

Funny that you talk about beefing up the beef! But pumpkin in curry sounds like a great idea, balancing sweet and hot.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I like the addition of pumpkin! :D It sounds delicious and creamy too!

2paw said...

Oh I do like red curry best of all. Yum, it looks delicious!! I like the idea of pumpkin or sweet potato too.