Tuesday, October 19, 2021

TWD - Miso- Maple Loaf


This week, we celebrate the release of Dorie’s new book, Baking with Dorie, by making her Miso- Maple Loaf (recipe published on the NYT website). 

This is a terrific plain  cake flavoured with miso paste and maple syrup, and glazed with marmalade:


I deliberately didn’t strain the marmalade glaze, as I liked the decorative addition of tge orange peel.

Dorie suggests buttering this loaf or toasting it and adding butter or jam on too, but I loved it as is.

To see what everyone else thought of this cake, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


13 comments:

ostwestwind said...

Nice presentation, I like your cake lifter

Mardi Michels said...

The glaze looks good! I didn't do that this time but will next time!

Kayte said...

What a glorious photo this is of your beautiful loaf. It was soooo good. I glazed mine as well and like you, I didn't want to strain out the pieces in the orange marmalade, it makes it ever so much better when you come across that lumpy bit of goodness.

Kayte said...

What a glorious photo this is of your beautiful loaf. It was soooo good. I glazed mine as well and like you, I didn't want to strain out the pieces in the orange marmalade, it makes it ever so much better when you come across that lumpy bit of goodness.

Lovie said...

Looks great!

Amy said...

Love the decorative touch with the orange peel!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

so glad you're gonna take up this new project with us! your loaf looks yummy with your chunky graze.

Diane Zwang said...

Funny I missed the direction to strain the glaze, we really enjoyed the orange bits. This was a wonderful cake.

TeaLady said...

Looks just right. I like that it wasn't too sweet.

Unknown said...

I love the way the glaze looks with the natural decoration of the orange peel. I'll be making this loaf a regular treat!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

We liked this as is as well! So tasty!!

Johanna GGG said...

did I forget to comment on how amazing this looks - I must have been busy looking up the recipe and planning to make it soon!

Cakelaw said...

It’s really good - highly recommended.