Tuesday, September 21, 2021

TWD - Rousquilles


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is a Spanish cookie known as Rousquilles. These comprise a dough flavoured with orange flower water and aniseed, and cut into rings, then glazed.

I used licorice powder in place of aniseed, and my glaze didn’t work so I just dusted them with icing sugar.

I wasn’t sure about these when making them, but they actually taste pretty good. They are quite soft and break easily, but that certainly doesn’t affect the taste.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.




4 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Ok so mine were not soft at all - they were hard like biscotti! I love the look of yours with the icing sugar!

Cakelaw said...

LOL - who knows what they are meant to be like, I had never heard of them. But they were good 😊

Johanna GGG said...

I like the sound of them being soft and also the licorice powder and orange flower water flavours. Sounds quite sophisticated.

Diane Zwang said...

The powdered sugar looks pretty enough. We enjoyed the flavor of these.