Tuesday, May 4, 2021

TWD - Chocolate Chip Not Quite Mandelbrot


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Chocolate Chip Not Quite Mandelbrot. The name is derived from the fact that Mandelbrot is meant to contain almonds - these biscuits do not.

Like biscotti, these biscuits are twice baked. I made my own modifications - I used a gluten free flour mix, a mixture of Reese’s pieces and chocolate chips, and chocolate ginger sugar in place of cinnamon sugar on top.

These biscuits were quite tasty - way tastier than commercial almond bread.

To see what everyone else made this week and their thoughts in it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.



5 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

OMG I LOVE your version!!!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

nice mods- especially the reese’s pieces! i haven’t had those in ages!

Mae Travels said...

My mother made a twice-baked biscuit that was probably like yours, but without either chocolate chips OR nuts. That looks very good.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Diane Zwang said...

These sound tasty. I am glad for another easy recipe.

Johanna GGG said...

I didn't know that mandelbrot wasn't like biscotti - I am not so keen on biscotti but your version of mandelbrot sounds absolutely delicious.