Sunday, October 25, 2020

My Mum’s Meatballs in Tomato Soup


 I had a hankering recently for the meatballs baked in tomato soup that my mum makes. I rang her for the recipe so I could make them. It always makes me laugh when she gives me a recipe because the quantities are so I exact.

There is not much else to say about these meatballs except that they are good! If you would like to try them, you will need:

500g beef mince
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 onion, finely chopped
1 egg
2 slices bread, processed into crumbs
1 x 400g tin tomato soup
plain flour or dried breadcrumbs to roll the meatballs in
1/2 soup can of cold water
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the soup, water and flour.  Make balls of the desired size from the mixture with wet hands.

Roll the meatballs in flour (or dried breadcrumbs) and place in a large casserole dish. Pour over the tomato soup, then the water.

Bake the meatballs in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Serve with rice and vegetables.


No comments: