Tuesday, April 28, 2020

TWD - Green Tea Sables


This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Green Tea Sables.  These are short cookies flavoured with crushed green tea. 

I used Tulsi lemongrass ginger tea, which my Google search said was a green tea:


I didn’t buy this tea - someone at work was giving them away. I was glad to have a use for it.

For some reason, my cookies never spread in the oven. They stayed as little discs about the same size as I cut off the dough log.

These cookies tasted ok, but at the risk of making a pun, were not my cup of tea.

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

4 comments:

Zosia said...

They look just like mine! I wasn't too enamoured with them either.

Diane Zwang said...

I love the pun. I don't think this was a hit with anyone. Hopefully next tea item will be ok.

Mardi Michels said...

Ok, not sure what we all did wrong here? Mine, too, looked nothing like the photo!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i appreciate a good pun! i nibbled them alongside a cup of green tea, which i guess made the lack of tea flavor less noticeable. :)