Sunday, April 5, 2020

Banana Fig and Walnut Cake



The Tivoli Road Bakery in South Yarra sells amazing breads and pastries.  They have also produced a self-named cookbook, so that you can try their recipes at home.  That is just as well, because at the moment they are not within easy reach for me.

On Instagram, someone posted a photo of their version of the Tivoli Road Banana Fig and Walnut Cake. It looked so scrumptious that I knew I had to make it (and I had the cookbook!).

Here is my version of that cake:



Doesn't it look luscious!  It is packed with fruit and nuts, and is wonderfully moist (sorry, this word is sometimes the only word that fits).



When the book was released, this recipe was published on the Internet to publicise the book, so I needn't reproduce it here.  Instead, head on over to the recipe for Tivoli Road's Banana Fig and Walnut Cake here - or buy the book!

3 comments:

Pam said...

It looks delicious!!! Unfortunately I'd be the only one here to eat, I love figs! Will check out the cookbook now, thanks!

Pam said...

Just ordered cookbook, sounds great but won't be delivered until end of April...

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Dear Gaye, first up, I like the idea to either buy a new cookbook these days or pull one out that we have not cooked from at all or much. A bit of a cooking or baking challenge can't hurt these days - I also got a new cookbook that I started cooking from last week...And then, it's nice to support the local gastronomy, if at all possible, with vouchers for future meals, take-out meals, or, as you did with buying their cookbook (like you are suggesting). And then your walnut cake looks like a wonderful, fruit-studded cake that I would love to eat for breakfast.
Stay safe, my friend!