Monday, December 23, 2019

Cherry Lime Bundt Cake



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in every store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door

                                                       
                                                                         Lyrics - Meredith Willson

Christmas is nearly here, and it is still the season for festive looking bakes.  I didn't use all of my Morello cherries to make the Matcha and Cherry Financiers, so I needed to use them up.  I also had a few limes in the fridge which had seen better days and needed to find their forever home before they went to God.   


I did a search on the Web for cake recipes using cherries and limes, and found this recipe for a Cherry Lime Bundt Cake on Overtime Cook.  The recipe calls for fresh cherries, but my jarred Morello cherries worked as an admirable substitute.  Apart from using up the Morello cherries and limes, this cake is perfect for the Christmas season as it is in keeping with the red and green theme.  (I could have emphasised the red and green colour scheme by decorating with lime zest as well as Morello cherries.)


I really enjoyed this cake - the tartness of the lime tones down the sweetness of the glaze on top of the cake, and the cherries add moisture and colour to the cake.  I received some very good feedback on this cake from my work colleagues. 

My cake is posed on a gorgeous Christmas-themed teatowel from La La Land.

If you have some cherries in the house of any variety, I highly recommend making this lovely cake.

No comments: