Tuesday, September 3, 2019

TWD - Cocoa Almond "Uglies" (Brutti ma Buoni)


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Cocoa Almond "Uglies" or "brutta ma buoni" (ugly but good).  These biscuits are really easy to make with icing sugar, almond meal, egg whites, cocoa, slivered almonds (or in my case, flaked almonds) and chocolate.  I used a part of a Ferrero Rocher Easter Egg as my chocolate.

You mix everything together then place heaped mounds on a baking sheet, et voila, delicious cookies.  They don't spread much and are super delicious.  These are my kind of biscuits.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I have to make these one day. They sound so easy and tasty (and not ugly at all!).

Johanna GGG said...

We need more celebration of ugly bakes online - I love the name and I love that they are ugly but taste good!

Mardi Michels said...

Ugly doesn't mean NOT delicious, right? And for the record, yours are lovely looking!

Diane Zwang said...

I knew I would like these because I love chocolate. I am glad that you enjoyed them and it will be nice for an easy bake.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i don't think they're ugly at all! i know i will like these when i make them.