Sunday, July 14, 2019

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Muffins for Queen Baking Club


A recent Queen Baking Club challenge was Pumpkin Pecan Pie Muffins.  As the name suggests, these muffins were full of mashed pumpkin goodness, with added nuts for texture, and topped with an oaty streusel topping.

You can find the recipe for these delicious muffins here.


I substituted the pecans for walnuts because I had walnuts already in the pantry.  I also used some leftover streusel from another project and added some oats to give it texture and make it more like the recipe streusel.


These were absolutely delicious muffins, and I would make them again.  Given the dire wintry weather here at present, these muffins are a perfect way to warm the soul.

3 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Ooh, I love this way to get the flavors of pecan pie without making a rich dessert that only I would eat!! Yummy!

Johanna GGG said...

I agree these are very seasonal - I love pumpkin in any baking so would love these (and use the weather as an excuse to eat them but would eat them any time!!!)

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Goodness, I love pumpkin, and pecans and I love streusel topping, especially with oats - these are definitely calling my name!