Tuesday, April 9, 2019

TWD - Double Chocolate Marble Cake


This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is the equivalent of a piebald horse.  It is a Double Chocolate Marble Cake, with half of the batter combined with white chocolate, and the other half combined with dark chocolate.


This is a very sturdy cake, and quite heavy in texture.  It is not really the kind of cake that I go for, but is nice enough in its own way.  If dense, pound-style cakes are your thing, you may love this cake.

To see what the other Dorie Bakers made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

6 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That is quiite a cute pattern inside-a bit like a giraffe! :D

Mardi Michels said...

I'm looking forward to making this one! Your pattern is so cute!

Johanna GGG said...

I quite like dense cakes though I suspect this one would be much better when fresh. The pattern is lovely.

Zosia said...

I love the pattern of your cake! I forgot to do the final zig-zag through the batter so it's not what it should have been.

Diane Zwang said...

This was a rich cake I agree. My family loved it.

Isthisakeeper said...

Looks good....looking forward to this one next!